Thursday, October 22, 2009

pensamientos...

I really don't think I'm ever going to get used to the way guys look at you here. It really seems like they want to eat you. I think its eye assault, i really do. I miss the guys in the US who don't even make direct eye contact in the street. En cambio, here the men (usually upwards of 45) post.
What is posting you ask?
Its when men stand or sit in their doorways and just watch women walk through the streets, usually if not always, they have a friend sitting next to them, or better yet down the block so they can give them a heads up to what is coming.

I'm not sure why the men in Argentina are like this. It must be some sort of a vicious cycle between standoffish argentine girls who require a lot of wooing and attention from the men and the animalistic aggressive hombres here.

Who knows maybe i'll miss it when i go back to the U.S. where the word awkward exists, and usually the defining word of my life.

Word of the week:
my new favorite work is baludo, it can mean anything from bastard to idiot to slowpoke. Use it endearingly...

No comments:

Post a Comment