Sunday, August 23, 2009

barrio recoleta

a few picture of recoleta!
this is gran gomero, a giant rubber tree outside the cemetery
two lions
the "brutalist" library, completely made of cement


Why do I think the library is on my way home? It's not, it's definitely not, actually its exactly the opposite way. Pretty much every day that I take the bus home, i walk the wrong way. I have done it so many times, that I know think I live on the same street as the library. I thought my sense of direction would improve, especially when I haven't strayed too far from my apartment... apparently not.

The library is very ugly, very ugly. At no angle could I take an attractive picture of it... Hopefully I can get some pictures up at some point. It used to be the site of Juan and Eva Peron's presidential power, but was destroyed to build the monstrosity that they call a library. Even though it is Latin America's largest library, it was build during a very unfortunate period of architectural history they call the 80's.

Today I went to the Recoleta fair and took a few pictures in the cemetery. I think I can get them up on facebook, my internet is very very slow.

Tips of the day:
Always look down when walking, there will be dog poop, and you will most likely step in it.
Mcflurrys in Buenos Aires are actually delicious and I highly recommend them.

1 comment:

  1. katy--there was always dog crap in malaga! talia and i used to joke about what a hellhole it was, and now to learn that another hispanic city unfortunately suffers from the same disease... maybe it's pandemic to the whole of the foreign world?

    also, if you look down while walking, the crazies are less likely to try to engage you in conversation. always avoid the crazies.

    miss you, love. keep updating! : )

    ReplyDelete