Thursday, August 20, 2009

classes, classes, and empanadas

this was my first week of my classes...all i spanish. i already have quite a bit of reading and spanish assignments to complete and i haven't had all of my classes yet. i've had lots of awkward this happen to me this week as per usual.
last night, for example i was at my UCES class which is an argentine university in buenos aires. the professor was asking each of the american students their age, home university and major. i was all prepared to answer these questions when he called my name, he just said "abuelos?" (grandparents). all i did was repeat abuelos about 4 times until everyone turned around to say "he just wants to know where your grandparents are from because of your last name..."

also on saturday when i was meeting one of agostina's friends i missed her cheek and kissed her on the lips, also very awkward.

i am also running a little short on money and so i don't dip into my reserves, i only splurge on empanadas and bus rides...

No comments:

Post a Comment